Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
"He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments." From section 2 of Article 2 of the Constitution(Presidential power)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- DOB: 12-16-55 Born in Miami Florida
- 1977 BA in English from the University of Florida
- 1979 JD University of Florida College of Law
- Occupation: Lawyer
- Administrator of the EPA under President Clinton 1993-2001
- -CITIZEN ACTION:consumer advocacy organization focused on environmentalism and socialized medicine. It was destroyed by its participation in the 1997 money laundering scandal to funnel illegal contributions to the re-elect Ron Carey as president of the teamsters union.
- -LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS: this is a left wing lobbying organization devoted to "shaping a pro environment congress and white house"
- -CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS: left wing think tank started by Halerpin and Soros, aimed at "developing a long-term vision of a progressive America" and "providing a forum to generate new progressive ideas and policy proposals". Spokespeople for this group include John Podesta, Eric Alterman, and Morton Halperin